Sunday, August 10, 2008

Alternatives and food tips.

Hey there all!
I kinda wanna hit on diet tips for normal everyday people, because I always talk about competition diets. Before I started to diet for competing I lost a lot of inches by making little changes or replacing things with alternatives. Here are some of them and a look at my normal day of eating.

Ezekiel/spelt Bread: found in the frozen foods section. Instead of using whole wheat bread or multigrain bread I swtiched to ezekiel bread. I used it for sandwhiches, pb and j's etc...

Ezekiel Noodles/spelt: I used this for speghetti. (easy recipe: ground beef cooked up with garlic, onion, salt and pepper, ezekeil noodles, tomato sauce....greeeeat speghetti!)

Natural sandwich meat: I used natural, organic turkey meat for my sandwhiches.

Fat free cheese: I used fat free cheeses in my sandwhiches.

Chips: If I ate chips I ate baked lays or veggie chips.

Tofu: I used tofu in my second meal shake for a "fluffiness" to keep my stomach full for 3 hours.

Almonds: I put a hand full of almonds into my second meal shake for good fats and a nutty flavor.

Fiber: I added about 10 grams more fiber into my diet. (Enzymatics strawberry fiber)

Green Vibrance: I added a green super food called Green Vibrance to my diet. I mixed it with my fiber in mid-day and at my last meal.

Parasite Cleanse: I did a parasite cleanse and actually removed alot of toxins in my body and it helped me digest and absorb everything so much better! I even lost a couple of pounds!

Now what my daily eating habits were from Oct. 2007-Jan. 2008 where I lost 3 inches off my waist:

Meal 1: Protein shake with 1/2 cup of oatmeal or 1 egg 2 egg whites with 4 slices of turkey bacon and 1/2 cup of oatmeal.

Meal 2: Protein shake with 1 scoop of protein, 4 rice cakes, some tofu a hand full of almonds

Meal 3: Turkey sandwhich with 4 slices of turkey, fat free cheese, spicy brown mustard in between two toasted piece of ezekiel bread. A hand full of veggie chips are optional. (greens and fiber)

Meal 4: Same as meal 3. Unless I was training and then it was a protein shake with an apple after my work out.

Meal 5: Turkey chili with a piece of toast, or ground beef on top of a baked potato with fat free cheese, organic butter and a bit of salt. (greens and fiber)

This diet was done while I was in school full time, working 20 + hours a week, and training for muscle gains.

No comments: